Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???

To: "Douglas Ruz (CO8DM)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying a vertical...???
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 10:07:17 -0400
The biggest issue with paracord, which I would not expect to be available in
Cuba as it is a U.S. Army spec, is that it is what is called a dynamic line. It
stretches when put under load. It is used as the shroud lines in parachutes.
For guy lines, I would figure a static line would be better. That said, I have
my dipole supported by parachute cord, aka 550 cord. I also use it for knot
tying

--
73 de KG2V
Charlie