Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Bolts

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Bolts
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 17:12:29 -0400
Often on the crankup tower reflector/group there are various ideas on how to raise and lower and how to lean over one's tower. New ideas, from 12v winches (note I said winches and not WENCHES) to garage door opener springs with cinder blocks basted in soy sauce. I have to imagine that over the years that Rohn was making their towers they thought of cost cutting methods, easy to apply creams and powders, and perhaps spray on bolts. After the dust settled they came up with the galvanized steel bolt and matching nut. I can't remember using a lock washer on any of the no doubt hundreds of leg bolts I installed, never thought they were needed and none weren't supplied. If it were me putting up 45 again, I would look into what the manufacturer recommends and buy THAT. ....my 2 cents.... -Mike

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Solomon