Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 23:16:24 -0400
Everyone has a bad day now and then. I even remember making a mistake one time, but as my wife can attest, I'm always in a good mood <cough><cough> I've even been known to get a bit "wordy" at times.

In general, I've found DX Engineering a pleasant company to do business with. I think some of their products are over priced,but I often purchase items from them so I don't need to spend hours looking for hardware and looking up ratings. I'm willing to pay a bit more for that service, I admit it. I'm lazy at times!

Of course, when they receive a call from someone with their nose out of joint and in serious need of a strong cathartic, it's probably difficult not to reply in kind. I just hope I don't get someone who is just filling in.

OTOH As a project manager, I've had team members who were great workers that should never be allowed to deal with the public, or customers.<:-)

BTW, I like crimpers as well. I like 8X too. It'll take the legal limit feeding a 40 meter, sloping dipole as long as the SWR isn't too high. It also has a lot less wind resistance.

73

Roger (K8RI)