Re: [TowerTalk] Grinding hole in thick steel plate?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grinding hole in thick steel plate?
From: Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich@n7tr.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 22:38:27 +0000
Thanks for all the ideas so far.   If I need to I may take the plate to a
fabricator and see if they can mill these to the correct locations, but I would
rather do this at my house for now.    For those who asked...The plate is 3/4
inch thick steel plate.   The holes are 1 1/4 in diameter for the 1 1/8 inch
all-thread anchor bolts.

I have purchased and should be here tomorrow...the below Die Grinder as well as
several 1 1/2 inch diameter 1 inch long carbide burr bits.  These are double
cut.  Would a single cut be better for this need?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FDLB9OC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECMMOW4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I wonder if I need to get a 3/4 inch or 1 inch diameter carbide burr bit?

Thanks....
Rich