Re: [TowerTalk] [NCCC] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [NCCC] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?
From: dw <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 13:30:06 -0700
Hi John,
You can check out these web-sites:

http://www.w8ji.com/rhombic_antennas.htm
http://www.vk5sw.com/Vee%20Beam.htm

In my case it will be ultra simple.
I will pull a line up into a tall tree for the center feed-point.
I use home-made center pieces made out of sturdy plexi-glass.
I'll feed it with ladder-line coming down to the ground, probably 45-50
feet.
I'll attach the ladder-line to a homemade L-network on the ground, and a
long stretch of RG-213 to the house.

Mine will be favoring west/east, so I'll walk west 219 feet from the
feed-point and put a marker there.
Then measure 90 feet north (perpendicular) to establish the northern leg
end-point.
And measure 90 feet south (perpendicular) to establish the southern leg
end-point.
So the two outer legs will be 180' apart.
Throw up ropes over trees to get both legs up as high as I can get them.
Preset the L-network to the cw portion of 40m.
Fingers crossed it performs as EZNEC indicates.
Fun stuff!! :-]
Duane

 Bw_dw@fastmail.net