Re: [TowerTalk] [NCCC] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?

To: "'dw'" <bw_dw@fastmail.fm>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [NCCC] Has anyone every put up a V-beam?
From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 18:40:17 +0200
A friend of mine is using a 2x 160m V-beam on 40m.
The performance is as EZNEC predicted.
First he was using soft drawn copper magnet wire which he pre stretched.
Stretching was not the problem as he easily could retune but sag was.
With that much sag the antenna was not working as expected.
He then used 1.2mm diameter MIG welding wire (Alumig Mg4.5MnSAl)which sags
only very little and now the antenna is working fine for some years.

Those welding wires are available in several different sizes.
My 140m long beverage hung between two trees and made of 0.8mm diameter of
that stuff is now up for 7 years and never stretched, sag is just 50cm as
most.

73
Peter