Re: [TowerTalk] Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steady Hand On The Stick Wow!!!!!
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 08:35:23 -0500
A Sky-Crane was setting HVAC units on a nearby factory using what appeared
to be an overly long cable.  We got really concerned when the chopper
started wobbling and gyrating around and quickly dropped below the tree
line.  Being first resopnders at the time, my assistant & I jumped in my
service truck and raced around to the parking lot that they were using to
stage the units and equipment.

When we arrived, we found a perfect circle of cable neatly layed out in
concentric coils with a large helo sitting in the middle of the rings.  The
pilot was sitting in the door with his sandwich and coffee.  It was lunch
time and he was just rolling up his cable...  We stopped and talked for a
minute and the pilot told us that he got "rescued" almost every time he
wound up cable like that.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 11:51 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT <
K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net> wrote:

> I watched Sky-Cranes set the massive air conditioners atop industrial
> complexes where I worked at one time.

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT
kkidd@kkbc.com  --  866-22-RADIO -- 866-227-2346