Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction with the Optibeam 16-3

To: <Cqtestk4xs@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Interaction with the Optibeam 16-3
From: "Chester Alderman" <aldermant@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 17:55:07 -0400
Yes, I have a OB16-3 at 70' and an OB40-2 on a 2" mast, 10 feet above the
tribander. I had SWR data at about 20' above ground and noticed no
degradation in the 40m yagi when the 16-el was put in place. There have been
some reports about the square booms coming apart at the joints, but that has
been because the joint interfaces were not properly tightened originally. My
yagi's have been up about six years and so far no problems at all with
either yagi.

Tom - W4BQF
Valdosta, Ga.