Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. TowerTalk

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. TowerTalk Digest, Vol 154, Issue 16
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 14:15:42 +0000
I'll see your argumentum ab auctoritate and raise you a post hoc ergo propter
hoc and a misleading vividness.

Inefficient wasn't the criteria.  Omnidirectionality was.  I have an 80 meter
inverted V hung from the peak of a one story segment of my house. The peak is
maybe at 16 or 20 feet.

Compared to my very narrow banded vertical, it does quite well during November
Sweepstakes, which is the only time it is used.  The horrific loss makes it
quite broad banded which I compensate for by running 1500 watts 8-)

I'd call the results "good" if by results we're talking about QSOs in a
contest. On the other hand, if by results you mean ERP at various radiation
angles, probably not so much.

Al
AB2ZY