Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: Tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Omnidirectional antenna for domestic contests. Re: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 154, Issue 18
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:45:25 +0000
Using my completely anecdotal, un-analyzed and un-modeled experience, a 16 foot
high inverted v powered by 1500 watts allows me to work any 80m station I can
hear during November Sweepstakes from my QTH in NNY.  This includes sections as
far away as SCV and WWA as well as NH, ME, WPA, NNJ and OH. For all I know, I'm
effectively running QRP at some of those distances, but for the 2 hours of
effort it took me to measure 120 some feet of wire, run a coax and screw an
eyelet into the fascia at the roof peak, it was worth it.

Al
AB2ZY