Re: [TowerTalk] More 40 meter problems

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More 40 meter problems
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:31:04 -0400
Required by code? OK. Good idea? Certainly, but a serious safety issue? Hardly. We ran many decades with out them with no serious issues. Yes a few people made mistakes and paid the price. The GFI is more a belt and suspenders thing. My first home, the house I built, My wife's previous home, and this one did not, and does not have GFIs. My shop has a GFI on the first outlet on each circuit, which covers the entire branch from there on. I think they now require the breaker to be a GF detector. If I add circuits, the code requires them.

73

Roger  (K8RI)