Re: [TowerTalk] Strange happening with 10 Meter Beam

To: W5GN <w5gn@mxg.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strange happening with 10 Meter Beam
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 13:43:36 -0400
Thanks Barry for the suggestions....I took the beam down and replace the deteriorating cup insulators that seems to have turned into a carbon resistor. This is what gave me the low VSWR but also acted like a dummy load, thus low signals but good VSWR. I did not know that the cup insulators could turn to carbon resistors but apparently they did.....but the beam was bought in the states near an industrial zone and I guess anything could happen as it did.

Herb, KV4FZ