Re: [TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Buryflex Conector Help
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:42:45 -0800
On Thu,11/5/2015 9:19 PM, Tony wrote:
Davis RF Buryflex cable is a great product, but I'm finding it difficult to get the center conductor inside the connector pin without fraying the stranded wire.

Last month, I made up a couple of dozen 2 ft - 6 ft cables to replace all the patching in my station. I used Buryflex and Amphenol 83-1SP connectors. I used my RG8/11/213 simple twist-action prep tool to strip the cable, then carefully twisted the center conductor, verified that it fit through the center pin, then tinned it and made sure that it still fit.

The strip tool is carefully adjusted so that it does not compromise the stranded center conductor. That was a tricky adjustment that I did several years ago. That was a total of 40+ connectors, and only once did I have to cut the cable and re-strip it because I hadn't twisted it carefully enough.

73, Jim K9YC