Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shrink Tubing
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 23:27:50 -0500
EPS400 is 0.40"/0.12" While EPS800 is 0.80/0.22" IOW EPS 400 shrinks to 0.12" from 0.40" while EPS800 Shrinks from 0.8" to 0.22". Pretty close to 4:1 If you are putting it on connectors, the EPS800 easily slides over UHF and N connectors and adds a lot of mechanical strength. I doubt the tape would add near as much strength as either 3M product. It will allow making good strong cable splices using UHF connectors.

I went to 8X after trying to use the 240 for feed lines to the 40 meter slopers. The center conductors kept breaking from the cables whipping in the wind.

73

Roger  (K8RI)