Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Shrink Tubing

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Shrink Tubing
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 06:56:47 -0800
On 12/21/15 5:37 AM, Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk wrote:
Wonder why they not offer to use the fix rate envelope USPS supplies. USPS has
several different forms of fix rate shipping. Elkraft, I'm told, is using that
when they ship their radios.

Most places charge more than just the postage as a shipping fee.
There's sort of a "per order" fee, because they feel that's a better way to price it than to try and spread the "stock pick, pack, and print invoice" cost across all the items in some reasonable way.

As buyheatshrink.com says on their website:
"At BuyHeatShrink.com we specialize in sales to distributors and medium to large OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers)."
and they have a little table of Shipping and Handling charges.

Then, of course, there are all the on-line sites where it's clear they use shipping as a way to be able to post a low selling price. A $5 item with a $20 shipping fee, when every one else is priced at $15 with a $10 shipping fee.

      Was going to put in an order for (2) rolls, BUT when I saw "USPS"
shipping charges of $11.00 I passed. Just thought that was a slight high
for a padded envelope via USPS .

      Looks like a good item.