Re: [TowerTalk] ground rods and angle...

To: "'StellarCAT'" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>, "'tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ground rods and angle...
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 16:29:24 +0000
Don't worry about sharp bends in ground conductors unless they are near a
building or other object where side flashes may occur... see some of the
discussion about this at these places:
http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2012-04/msg00172.html
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=82022.10;wap2
https://www.quora.com/Physics/Will-Bending-say-by-90%C2%B0-180%C2%B0-the-Wire-increase-the-Resistance-offered-to-electrons-in-Current
and many other places... the earliest reference I have found recently about not
bending lightning rod conductors goes back to 1893, though there are likely
earlier ones.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373