Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals and well pipe grounding

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Verticals and well pipe grounding
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 03:01:37 -0500
It happened to my neighbor and he doesn't use the well for an antenna ground, he's not a ham He's just a bit over 200 feet from my 100' tower with the array (then) exte4ndind another 30 feet. It was a massive strike or strikes that had multiple hits at the same time. They hit within about a180 arc
from my tower and a couple were about a 100 feet distance

One hit the pole (transformer) in front of his house. They had a major loss that was almost all major appliances including TV, hot water heater, and that well, yet that strike(s) apparently ignored my tower
with the massive ground system.

73,

Roger (K8RI)