[TowerTalk] Foundation and ReBar Work

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Foundation and ReBar Work
From: Russ Dearmore via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 16:43:37 +0000 (UTC)
I installed my new 72' US Tower last year and did the work myself including
picking it up in Kansas.  The 5'x5'x8' hole was dug for $450 which included
spreading the dirt at various places on my 5 acres.  I was surprised at how
accurate it was also, those guys are good.  The rebar I would guess was about
$150 .  The cement cost about $750 so the total must have been near $1,200.  No
other cost were incurred because I was not in a city.  I finished the cement
myself with the help of the cement truck driver.
     If I had been in a major city I know it would have been much higher but
having been in construction most of my life as an electrician, I knew it was
very doable and being retired time was not a factor.  Sounds like there may be
some collusion among the contractors and inspectors if they had the guts to
charge $7,000.  As they say, Location, Location, Location......  Russ
K5ZZR   My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!