Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed
From: Mike via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 19:55:21 -0400

I guess I am not clear then what you are trying to do then?..

Trying to enlarge the hole in the top plate of a tower?...If you are
leaving the top plate intact on the tower...all the set up and bracing and
getting somewhat true the the centerline on the rotated head...and supporting
the length of the tower section with top to be bored?...WOW!...and speaking of
 no rigidity...Rube Goldberg scenario!

Plasma cut on even a galvanised part is nowhere near as "fumey" as what you
 would get with a flame cut or trying to weld it...and depending on the
speed and  feed...you'd get zink from the cutter airborn..just use a box fan if
your  worried while cutting with palsma..

And if your looking for a pretty cut?..plasma would be nice and clean...and
 who is gonna see it and comment on a cut hole verses a bored hole when the
tower  is full up?...I can make a nice and clean hole with plasma and no
problems on  thick or super thin material galvanised or not...with no
distortion.  Including bolt holes.

And if you are using a fly cutter to bore or enlarge a hole...you have more
 problems coming at you than trying to make a pretty hole!!..WOW! Scary
stuff!

73

Mike W2GR

In a message dated 4/9/2016 7:08:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,