Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 19:03:21 -0400
I have both a Plasma torch and a Bridgeport mill.
The plasma torch is hand held and cuts great, but hand held (even using a guide) is no where near as nice as the Bridegport. A rough set up is all that is required on the Bridgeport. No need to use a dial indicator to get it to the nearest thousandth. Just square up the head with the surface to be cut. Just use an adjustable cutter, or a fly cutter. I don't like fly cutters. They work well, but I don't like that cutter flying around. The accessory plates would require no changes from the vertical set-up. In addition there are no poisonous fumes from the high temp.

73

Roger  (K8RI)