Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 2 inch Chrome Moly mast needed
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 21:39:52 -0400
My suggestion was to consider a 3" x 1/4 wall 1026 instead of a 2" Chrome
Moly mast. I suspect that 3" 1026 is stronger than 2" 4130 (I don't have a
mast calculator handy) and it is easier to climb. I purchased a 3" 1026 DOM
from steel company and had it galvanized.  My costs were significantly less
Array Solutions plus did not want their odd 2 7/8 size.  At that time DX
Engineering did not sell masts and no one else sold a 3" mast so making one
was my only option.

John KK9A