Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W6NL 40m Moxon
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 08:55:43 -0500
If calculating wind load for the purpose of deciding which rotator to use, I
would think the boom length would factor in.  Surely a square plate 4'x4'
mounted to the mast would put less stress on a rotator than a 50 foot boom
antenna with the same 16 SF calculation?

At any rate if the difference in the various ways of calculating the wind load
mentioned makes the difference in what you believe will survive, I would think
you are cutting it too close.

Stan, K5GO

Sent from Stan's IPhone