Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Rotator Choice for Larger Yagi
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 10:36:17 -0700

That's the concern I would have with some of those systems. Unless there is mechanical loss in the coupler (damping), the energy it momentarily decouples gets stored and returned to the system ... with at least the theoretical possibility that it adds to forces in the other direction. I thought I read somewhere long ago that some rotator manufacturers stopped offering such couplers for that very reason ... but I'm old and could be mistaken. ;)

Dave   AB7E