Re: [TowerTalk] TH-11DX and 40/30m dipole

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH-11DX and 40/30m dipole
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 12:14:37 -0400
Based on several responses thus far it would seem I asked a stupid question or at least one which is not possible to answer. The reason I am not finding articles with general advice on stacking 40 and/or 30 meter dipoles on the same mast with a TH-11 or other complex multiband antenna is most likely because each case is different and there are no applicable rules of thumb. Modelling the whole thing would be great but by the time I came up with a workable and reliable model for the TH-11 I probably won't be needing antennas for DXing. :)

I will proceed with the understanding that this entire venture is an experiment and may or may not work. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Given that this is the only solution which *might* substantially improve my situation on 40/30 I deem it an acceptable risk. At the very least I will have gotten some exercise and will end up with a pile of aluminum which might be put to another use at a later time. Of course I'm hoping for a somewhat better result.

Although budget is always a prime concern, I am no stranger to uncharted waters. All of my former EME arrays were far enough off the beaten path to be considered risky experiments.

I will report back with my results later. I do not have a precise time table for this project other than to have it done no later than the end of September.

73,
Paul N1BUG