[TowerTalk] HG-70HD

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HG-70HD
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 13:41:53 -0700
Tower current tilted over at about  30 deg via the layover fixture. Mast has a
TH7DXX and A3WS on it restricting the ability to lower the tower any further.
Need to pull the mast up enough to do a swap out of the rotator (which is
simple). Want if possible to avoid dismounting the beams from the mast. Those
with this tower know that there is only a short (very short) mast piece between
the rotator shelf, the first bearing and mast tube. and the upper bearing. I’ve
envisioned what I think I need to do but was wondering if some simple method
exists that I’ve overlooked.

Any ‘been there done that’s’ out there who have done the latter in the
tilt-over position?

Don W7WLL