Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises
From: Dan Maguire via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 20:30:22 +0000 (UTC)
Steve G3TXQ wrote:
>>> Here are the resonant frequencies I measured of a 10m half-wave dipole on a
>>> telescopic push-up mast at various heights above ground in my back yard:

Using a dipole model with a 1" diameter aluminum wire over "Very Good" EZNEC
ground, I adjusted the length to match the G3TXQ measured resonant frequency at
the 15 ft height.  That made the length 15.28 ft or ~0.47 WL.  Then I
calculated the theoretical resonant frequency at other heights from 5 to 25 ft.

http://s33.postimg.org/oqqqmprhr/resonate7.png

Note that I did *not* force the almost perfect correlation at the 25 ft height.

Dan, AC6LA