Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping XM-240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shipping XM-240
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:46:49 -0500
In my misspent youth I worked in a carpet store.
The roll tubes are designed to allow lifting a heavy roll of carpet, sometimes 140 square yards or more without punching through the inside of the tube with the pole attachment on the fork lift.
They were a good 3/8" wall glued up work of art. I haven't seen one lately.

The problem is you won't be able to squeeze an XM-240 in one of them no matter how you break it down. The bigger ones were 4" ID, most were less. Then you've got UPS/FedEx 8' limitation. The tubes were either 12' or 15' length. We used to cut them with an old cross cut hand saw.