Re: [TowerTalk] Advice needed on embedding guy anchor rod in concrete de

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice needed on embedding guy anchor rod in concrete deadman
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2016 06:16:07 -0700
On 6/11/16 4:03 AM, David Robbins wrote:
I used the second method on all mine.  Tie the bottom to the rebar cage then
there are just 2 angles to set.  First line up the rod with the tower base
in azimuth and drive a stake there.  Then use a level that reads the
elevation angle and dig down next to the stake to get it down to the right
angle and tie it to the stake... done.

The hardest part is being sure that everything is tied solidly enough that
it won't move when the concrete is poured.  Remember, pouring concrete is
not like pouring water, even though it isn't moving very fast it is very
heavy and will easily push around the rebar if not properly tied.

that's why I think some sort of wood tripod arrangement might be good. I've had too much stuff move while pouring concrete. If you have some angled supports on the stake, it's less likely to get knocked into a different angle.