[TowerTalk] Noise Cancelling For 6M

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Noise Cancelling For 6M
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:31:58 -0700
I've got a strong 6M noise source from a solar system at the edge of my property, about 400 ft from my 6M antenna. I want to put a 3-el Yagi at it and use it to cancel that noise. Ham noise cancelling hardware that I know of is all geared to HF.

Over the years, I've heard of CATV operators using this technique to kill on-channel QRM from distant stations, so I'm thinking there must be hardware to facilitate that. Anyone know anything about this? Any other ideas?

Thanks and 73, Jim K9YC