Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK

To: Bill Eisinger <Bill@theeisingers.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AES SK
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 15:12:59 -0400
Interesting conversations with a bunch of smart people sometimes evolve
into more than the subject at hand and I find this thread enjoyable. Thanks
to Steve letting this go on, he's one of those folks as well.

The demise of AES says a lot about amateur radio and the ability of
companies to survive the obvious shift from brick and mortar to click and
order. One of my observations is that many small businesses don't have any
plans to exit the business and have it continue. One small radio store
owner told me "I have no exit strategy. I'll die standing here," which is a
bit sad.

So, if you're one of these guys, keep good accurate books and and work on
keeping your business afloat. When you get older, good financials, loyal
customers and management succession will take care of the business that
you've built, and you will have the freedom to do what you wish. The
founder of HRO is gone, but his business lives on. He likely planned it
that way!

73

Mickey N4MB

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Palm Beach Gardens
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.