Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA and other neat programs we use

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA and other neat programs we use
From: <lstoskopf@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:55:44 -0400
We've all been blessed by fellow Hams who took their time and perhaps advantage
of their job duties to bring us all sorts of goodies.  CQ Magazine for years
had a propagation column that none of us could have afforded on our own.

Dean worked up to HFTA over the years.  Whether just translating from Fortran
or doing a complete rewrite makes no difference.  It gives us at least a good
place to start.  Moxon the same.  Cebik apparently took a big leap in learning
and investigating.

There has been some comment on verticals on slopes.  Read Moxon's book.

Time and personal thought processes  move on.  Sometimes the source code gets
lost one way or another.  But as with one propagation program I use....often if
a program gets sold the price goes way up and the code still isn't there to
examine.

Thanks to all those guys who don't remember what they did for us.

N0UU