Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 03:25:40 -0400
I'm referring to major industries, like chemical plants, Petroleum industry, etc, not companies that sell to consumers.

73

Roger (K8RI)

Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:52:16 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

For you, or us on a small scale (and time to make sure the bolts are
clean), it may be, but apparently for industry, it's not.

73

Roger (K8RI)

##  say what ?   Blue loctite is used all the time in the automotive and race
car world.  Put blue
loctite on the  6 x  .375  SS  bolts that hold an OR-2800  rotor to the rotor
plate...and  you wont be
having bolts coming loose anytime soon.   I used blue loctite in loads of
places on my Roush mustang,
nothing comes loose... including the new one piece AL driveshaft..which spins
at 6500 rpm.
Plenty of local folks here in town also use Red loctite  for automotive
applications.
Purple loctite is weaker than blue loctite, and is another alternative.  Red is
the strongest.

##  I would not use red loctite for small stuff like machine screw size....
otherwise you will never get em out, they will
be as good as welded into place.

##  UST  uses  nylocks for all   22  pulleys  used on my HDX-689.   Non of them
loosen up.   Between  nylocks and
blue / purple  loctite, you are covered.

Jim   VE7RF

Roger (K8RI)

---