Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 02:10:02 -0400
<LOL> in those chemical plants we occasionally would see liquid that looked like water running off connections . Far from it, That was the O2 condensing out of the air and running off the connectors.

Not too long ago they didn't get one purged properly. Liquid H2 in the presence of liquid O2 doesn't need an ignition source that I know of. The resulting bang removed the rear of the truck and was heard for some miles. No one was hurt except for their hearing and possibly nerves. I understand there were a few workers with "ringing ears" for a few hours.

The problem was caused by the improper purging of the lines.

73,

Roger (K8RI)