Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2016 13:14:38 -0400
What is the rude awakening?  Are you implying that published coax
specifications are inaccurate?

John KK9A

To:     <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?
From:   "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date:   Fri, 5 Aug 2016 22:00:43 -0700

##  I like the wattmeter method, then I know it's the ....real deal.  Just
install a 50 ohm dummy load on the
far end..just after the  2nd wattmeter.   Then you can test from 160- UHF.

Then you get real results.
This assumes the pair of wattmeters are calibrated for the  freqS  to be
tested.   They dont even have to be
calibrated, they just have to read identical...when both are wired nose to
tail, in series, at the xcvr /amp.
I wire two in series 1st.....then test to ss how close they are  across  XXX

bands /freqs.    Ok, then remove one of em
and install at far end of coax.

##  You folks will be in for a rude awakening if you try this stunt.