Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn GAR30 anchors for 55g tower?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn GAR30 anchors for 55g tower?
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2016 07:39:12 -0400
Use the GAC3455, it has five holes to attach turnbuckles to and you won't
regret having a stronger anchor.  I use it even on an 80' Rohn 55g with a
pier pin base.

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Rohn GAR30 anchors for 55g tower?
From:   Bryan W5MX <bydal@roadrunner.com>
Date:   Thu, 1 Sep 2016 21:21:49 -0400

Anyone using the GAR30 anchor rods for a 55g tower at 120-140ft? I see the
GAC3455 rods are typically the spec but have noticed a couple of tower
install
photos on the net of people using the GAR's with the 5 hole equalizer plates
for 55g towers. The load rating on the GAR's 7,330 versus the 3455's of
17,670
is a huge difference so just might answer the question for me! Thanks for any
feedback in advance!
Bryan
W5MX