Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square for 80
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 08:25:02 -0400
The hybrid controllers are designed to work with the impedance of full
sized verticals. You should be able to change the impedance of a shortened
vertical with a match or different coax but I am far from being an expert.

The best way to see the effect of the tower is to model it.  When modeling
80m verticals at my station I found that a tower in the middle was not as
bad as one off to the side where the pattern became very skewed.
Verticals are very sensitive to other vertical structures and in an ideal
world you would have the array hundreds of feet away, however most of us
make compromises. Look at K9RS's vertical presentation:
http://gofrc.org/pdf/multi-element_lowband_vertical_6.pdf

John KK9A - W4AAA