[TowerTalk] Sealing Cable

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Sealing Cable
From: Chuck Gooden <Chuck.Gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 11:55:45 -0500

Hello,

I am redoing some coax connectors and need the manufactures part numbers for the Scotch products. I have heard to use a layer of Scotch Super 33+ tape, would Scotch Super 88 be better?

Then use some self vulcanizing tape, but I have no part number for this. Is the part number for this Scotch Moisture sealing Electrical Tape (P/N #2228), or is there a better product to use? I am not sure if #2228 is self-vulcanizing

The final step was a was to brush on a coating of Scotchkote. Should I use part number 14853 or is there another product I should be looking at?

I am in northern Illinois and it does get cold here so any products will have to stand the temperature extremes here.

Thanks,
Chuck - N9QBT