Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 meter antenna
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 21:18:30 -0300
Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the wacky world  of 6m.  I have built this antenna myself and
found it to be an excellent performer.

I believe it'll meet your needs.  I don't think you really need step down
elements on 6m as they are not a long or wide element

to begin with.

http://www.uksmg.org/content/yagi.htm

GL !

Mike VE9AA...FN66na

OK  I am diving into the world of VHF  50 MHZ.  My Radio has it and I have

never made an 6 meter contact .  My Radio has the  ability and I say why
not.

Still can teach and Old dog new Tricks ?

Ok after hours and hours of Google read and search I have come to he

conclusion  G0KSC  antennas are the one to  build.   His design are in
metric

and  that's an ok to translate to 1/2 " or 3/8"  but the material I have  on

hand is for a step down ( tapered)  elements.

Must be my bad I have tried to send him Email ( I assume he's blasted with

requests )  but never got a reply.

DK7ZB had a neat 4.3M antenna but design has only ONE stepped/tapered
element

The split driven element  .

Any body have a  Imperial measurement tapered design for 5 element for 4.3 M
or

4.4M boom  = 14.5 or 15 ft ?

Thanks in advance

Wayne  W3EA