Re: [TowerTalk] DOS?

To: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, "TexasRF@aol.com" <TexasRF@aol.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DOS?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:34:20 +0000
If you're not using any third party objects, .dll hell is pretty much a thing
of the past with .NET. The target computer simply needs a .NET framework
installed and it is independent of the particular language you are programming
in. It provides a layer of abstraction between the compiled object and the
underlying operating system.  You compile for a specific version of the
framework and include it in your distribution or the user can download it
directly from Microsoft. 4.5 and later is backwards compatible.  All O/S's from
Microsoft come loaded with a version of the framework except CE and Mobile. It
is available for Android (but not phone) as well. There are also toolkits for
Unix.

Al
AB2ZY