[TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 09:12:40 -0800
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:10:42 -0500
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

I should add that I am not sure why you are using rope instead of the
antenna wire to hold up the inductor.  BTW, it's easier and more efficient
if you just top load the vertical wire with another wire going toward the
ground.

John KK9A

##  hes using a 67 foot tall wire vert... with a 50 uh coil in the dead center,
so he does
have wire on both sides of the coil.  Then hes using dacron rope to top of
wire..to pull up
with dacron through the pulley.  hes  trying to use the dacron as an insulator
as well.  But its
at an extreme HV point...= bad news.   The easy fix is to install a serrated
insulator at top of wire,
then the dacron rope.  Then the dacron wont burn up..isolated from the HV via
the proper insulator.

Jim   VE7RF.