Re: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help, Antenna modeling people.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:26:03 -0800
Yes. I first ran into this nearly ten years ago with the first 160/80 dipole that I rigged between trees. Like a dummy, I failed to use an insulator between the ends of the dipole and the 5/16-in rope. When it got wet, the rope melted and the dipole was on the ground.

The ends of any wire are a high voltage point, and should be treated as such. This is also true of radials!

73, Jim K9YC