Re: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 21:10:03 -0500
I read the archives and your post got a little corrupt, I think you are
referring to this antenna:
http://www.force12inc.com/products/6ba-12-element-yagi-for-40m-20m-17m-15m-1
2m-10m-upgraded-design-for-2016.html .  It would be interesting to see a
model of something like this compared to a log periodic with the same boom
length. Typically the 2el per band interlaced Yagis work well, I used a
small LP once and never felt strong.  Also with the hot boom on a LP you
have to take special precautions to minimize common mode current.

Sorry to hear that you had quality and communication issues with Force 12
but I hope that you now enjoy your new six band antenna.

John KK9A

Re: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander