Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects at RF.
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:42:36 -0800

http://k6mhe.com/n7ws/Plating.pdf

an excellent paper.

I like the comments about how in a survey of 165 papers on electroplated copper that data on electrical resistivity are nearly non-existent.

And the discussion about how silver plating *used* to be good for tank coils because the phosphorous in the copper reduced the copper conductivity, and the silver was a pure, thick high conductivity coating, but that today (1970) that wasn't the case.

Then the comments at the end about how modern plating is so far from a uniform single metal layer..