Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects

To: k2av.guy@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects at RF.
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 04:01:04 -0600
The big box price for THHN is also about 50% more than for Romex with three
wires. Those three are fairly easily separated using a utility knife and some
pulling.

Guy's "method" has to be similar to what I have always done which is pull the
wire very tight between towers and/or trees and push a knife blade at a shallow
angle to the wire.  You can't pull all 250 feet tight at one time.  50 feet or
so is easier.  You will soon find the angle that works, and end up with a
garbage bag full of insulation and three lengths of 250 feet each of bare
copper wire.

Doesn't seem all that long ago when a 250 foot roll of Romex was $20.00 instead
of over $100.00.  I guess time flies when you are having fun.

73... Stan, K5GO