Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:56:26 -0700
We've all done it.

On 12/28/2016 1:43 PM, Rob Atkinson wrote:
I wish to apologize for the caustic tone of my post this morning in
which I questioned Guy's statements regarding degradation of RF
current conductivity in THHN insulated copper wire over time in UV
exposure.  While I stand by my belief that his findings are flawed,
there was no excuse or reason for me to express myself in such a
contentious and abrasive fashion.  I believe Guy's intentions are
good--perhaps is wire samples are made to different standards, or
there are or were manufacturing variations between what I have worked
with and his.  At any rate I question what he has found, but I believe
my questioning could have been much more professional and I am sorry
it was not.

73

Rob
K5UJ