Re: [TowerTalk] torque arms or not?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] torque arms or not?
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 18:16:30 -0500
Although it's a common practice with hams, Guys should be attached to a bracket, not individual tower legs. It's not normally a problem, but guy brackets like ROHN sells puts no strain on an individual tower leg. On a heavily loaded tower,(near its wind load limit), when the guys are attached to individual tower legs, in high winds, the tower leg on the windward side takes the strain. With a guy bracket encircles the tower with the guy strain taken by the bracket and converted to a downward force, putting far less strain on the tower.

You don't see commercial towers with the guy wrapped around a leg.

73, Roger (K8RI)