Re: [TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] K9YC Choke Cookbook Question
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 19:11:36 -0500
Hi Jim and all,
The email below reminds me of a problem I had some years ago with "450 ohm
window line". Nothing seemed to work. I then found an article that explained
how to measure the Zo of coax/ladder line. I measured a piece of window line
and it was 374 ohms! I found out in the archives that W8JI had measured 377
ohms with a piece of window line. We exchanged emails and he was elated that
I had verified his results.
Here you have two different sets of equipments, two different runs of ladder
line, and different times. I was very happy myself. I have an HP8753B so it
was no problem to run through the numbers. It was a very eye opening
exercise!!
Bottom line: Use 375 ohms for matching tuners and other things when using
this line.
73 Hardy N7RT/4