Re: [TowerTalk] 3CX800A7 vs. GU-74B

To: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3CX800A7 vs. GU-74B
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 17:37:54 -0600
D&C Electronics in FL.  Now a Richardson Electronics division.
 352-592-7800

That's where I bought the last 3CXP800 drivers for a CCA broadcast tx a
year or so ago.  The CXP version seems to give better life in FM service
than recent versions of the plain 3CX tubes.  There might not be much
difference in HF usage between the CX and CXP versions as I recall the main
difference is that the CXP version will handle somewhat higher plate
voltage.  Otherwise, they may just be a little better quality...

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Herbert Schoenbohm <
herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com> wrote:

> 3CXP800A7 (medical version used in MRI's) if good, would also solve my
> problem if I could only find a source.

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
Lawrenceburg, TN
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT