Re: [TowerTalk] Attractive nuisance

To: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>, towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Attractive nuisance
From: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 23:05:16 +0000 (UTC)
I know that I cannot be rendered lawsuit-proof, only resistant. Several years
ago at a different QTH, I was worried about this very thing. I had an HDBX48
and, at the time, Rohn made no anti-climb panels for it. To that end, I once
used chicken wire tight wround the outside of the bottom section. I asked a
couple of neighborhood kids to give climbing it an earnest effort and, after a
few attempts, they admitted "no way." The stuff provides no purchase for their
feet: they could grab it OK, but would have to be a gymnast to have the
strength to pull themselves up by their arms only. Add to this that the stuff
was intnensely uncomfortable to hang from (without tough gloves) and I
considered myself OK-enough.
In the end I never had any problems, of course, so I never had to test this in
court.
Kim N5OP