Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna climbing harness (Rigging)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna climbing harness (Rigging)
From: Donald Chester <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 20:43:16 +0000
> From: Peter Voelpel <dj7ww@t-online.de>

> What are you referring to?
> Oh, I never used gloves for driving.

I agree.  I usually bring a pair up with me, but while climbing I believe
dexterity is of utmost importance.  And unless one plans to do some chiselling
or drilling, why would safety glasses be necessary?  They tend to get in the
way and restrict vision, if not knocked or blown off.

Still, there is a LOT wrong in that photo.  QST should have done better.  Just
because it was 'posed', 'contrived' or a 'photo-op' is no excuse.

Don k4kyv